Thursday, June 18, 2009




















Inspection!!!
Alright lets see, yesterday was a good day very productive! Mom and i went down to the boat, i worked on re-installing the SSB antenna, and putting the radar reflector on the back stay while mom installed a hanging system in the forepeak for our lines and foul weather gear. Some time around 1300 i called Roby, (pictured) he is the head TP inspector, i asked him if he could come down to the boat on Friday to do our inspection, he said he had to look at his calender and he would call me back. The thing is, we have all of our inspection stuff on board, but a lot of it has to be in place for the race, and we were only half way there.
A few hours latter my phone rings, its Roby, he was at the post office then he was going to come down to Addiction in 20 minutes. Wow okay, so mom and i rushed around to put the life raft in place, move a few things around to get a look at the through hulls, and a few other things. When Roby arrived i felt pretty much ready. He and i sat down below and went through the inspection list, after i singed my life away he asked me to raise my right hand, he asked me to repeat after him, I Lindsey Anne Austin swear to have as much possible fun before during and after Transpac and to consume as many Mai Ti's upon arrival in Hawaii. Yes i love you Roby!! With that Addiction was cleared to sail in Transpac.
Once Roby left mom and i scrubbed down the decks with this cleaner called 4U. Let me tell you that stuff is like a magic wand, or like a time machine that took us back to 1984 when Addiction was brand new. It is a great product, it's known in only 15 states to cause cancer, and just damages the marine life within a 15 yard radios of the boat. I'm totally joking, but that is just how strong this stuff is. But really the bottle says its biodegradable and non-hazardous. If u want to pick some up give the Captains Locker a call 562-598-6611, they will ship it.
We put our brand new Sobstad spinnakers on board, i am very excited to see those up. we also ran our Sobstad battle flag up the head stay to get a look at it, and i am super stoked!!! It looks killer. We are not flying it all the time right now, but next week it will be a permanent fixture.
Lets wrap it up, I have meet my first unfriendly pair of people since i have been here. While walking down the dock with my mom we had to pass by a TP boat, which i won't mention the name, so i figured i would introduce ourselves, I told them our names and put my hand out and they did and said absolutely nothing. You my think maybe that don't speck english, or perhaps they're deaf, no that is not the case. I'm more inclined to think they are two grown men lacking in social graces, but I'm sure they will come around.
Okay i cant look at this computer any more. LA

3 comments:

  1. Great battle flag! Glad the inspection went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what a battle flag should look like! Yay! Thx for asking around for our friend. Dan Kelly is his name. I could get you his number if you find a contact for him.

    Good luck, guys!

    aloha,
    Christin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the battle flag...and she looks pretty nice in the water! You guys are doing a great job!
    _becky

    ReplyDelete