Wednesday, June 24, 2009

  
















Yesterday was great. Richard and I ran some errands then went down to the boat. Our fifth and final crew mate Chase arrived. He is the crew mate that makes the computers run. He got to work with sail mail. We sent and received a few messages, and let me tell you that was a huge relief!!! For those of you that don't know, I'm not the biggest fan of computers. In fact I'm floored with how well I'm doing with this whole blogging thing. Anyways, once we, or should i say Chase, accomplished that, we moved on to retrieving our GRIB files, and that went off with out a hitch. The weather was right there in front of us. I love it!!! I figured that since everything was going so well, why not push our luck and send a picture. What do you know it worked. That picture up there was sent through the SSB. I think that is really cool!!  
My mom came down to the boat latter in the day to drop off some more dry stores, paper towels, toilet paper, baby wipes, that sort of thing. So things are coming together quite while.
I would like to take this time now to invite anyone that is in southern California to join the crew of Addiction this evening around 1830 for a small pupu party. We would like to get a chance to thank all those that have helped us along the way. Addiction is docked in the Shoreline Village, aka the fish bowl, in slip 5025. If we know you don't bring anything but your self, if we don't know you and you just want to hang out with us, bring some beer or what ever you my drink. Alright see you then. LA

1 comment:

  1. Ah, now that you have all your gizmos up and running, does that mean we'll be getting some YOTREPs/MAROBs while you're underway? You know, more observations make for a better model initialization, and a better initialization makes for a better forecast. I'm just saying ;) Besides, it's cool to track a ship's progress through surface observations on our charts at work.

    --John/NOAA

    ReplyDelete