Friday, June 12, 2009

Small Ding



I don't know if anyone out there was taking bets on whither or not Addiction would arrive today, so for those of you that are optimist, pay up. I got a phone call from the truck driver at around 1 o'clock this afternoon, good news, the brakes are fixed, bad news, do to wide load restrictions and a curfew he is unable to leave till early in the morning of the 13th. ( It makes me wounder. If he knew of these restrictions, then why did he tell me to meet him in the yard the day before at 3 o'clock, even though he would be unable to drive down the road at that time? hmm.)

Well that all seems fine and well right? The yard is not usually open on Saturday, but like i said in my previous blog they have been very kind and offered to have a few guys come in and put the boat in the water over the weekend. Seeing as how reliable my Load a Boat people are I figured might as well wait till Monday morning.

Once I got all that squared away with the yard I gave my Load a Boat guy a call to let him know that the boat, the trailer, and the driver would have to stay the weekend in the parking lot at the shipyard ( I am told that that is not to unusual). At this point in the day it almost seems like thing are starting to fall in to place. I start to wrap up my phone call with the Load a Boat guy, and then he tells me, I don't want you to be surprised when you see the boat, but there is a ding on her beam......... I ask him what exactly is a ding?, like a gaping hole in the boat or a nick in the gel coat? He never really gave me a good answer on that one. He tells me that it came off of the shipping boat just fine, so at some point it was moved in the port and got bumped into something. At this point i am a bit confused, because now he has mentioned both beams. So I ask a few more questions, and he assures me that the shipping company has never damaged a boat before. Well to be honest, I could give a shit about all the boats that came before Addiction. Then I guess he had forgot that he had told me that Addiction came off the ship fine, and he goes on to tell me that he thinks what happened was that it was loaded to closely to other cargo on the ship, and when the ship swayed, thats how both beams got "dinged".

I think we can all draw our own conclusion as to the validity of what i have been told so far, and as to why I have yet to see the boat. Let's all just hope this time his word is true, and it really is just a ding.

No comments:

Post a Comment